Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Long and Winding Road

It was our March of Dimes walk here in the Tri Cities today. I decided that I would run the 1st and last mile. Well, once I got going I thought I might as well try to do a little bit more running. Six miles and One hour and 20 minutes later I finished. More running than I have ever done in my life!!!! I learned one thing....I am no t a natural runner. There was an old man that must have been in his 80's there that beat me!!! I envy those that ran by me looking oh so relaxed - and in shape! I plan on working on lengthening my stride. Need to get some advice on that. On the other hand, I never thought I'd be running at 50! So I'm proud that I'm hanging in there! Enjoy all your Moms tomorrow.....mine is in Pittsburgh.....so far away. Wish I could give her a hug!

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Maybe that sexy, sweaty old man can be your running buddy next year, lol! Seriously though, I'm super proud of you!

    ReplyDelete